WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE DESK AND DERRICK EDUCATIONAL TRUST
The Desk and Derrick Educational Trust (ET) was created in 1982 by the Association of Desk and Derrick Clubs (ADDC) for the purpose of awarding annual scholarships to students attending accredited colleges and universities offering degrees in geology, chemical and petroleum engineering.
Since its inception in 1982, ET’s mission remains unchanged to build the future of the petroleum, energy and allied industries through scholarships while meeting the support and trust of Desk and Derrick members and industry donors.
U.S. INTERNAL REVENUE TAX STATUS
The Desk and Derrick Educational Trust is a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the U. S. Internal revenue code. All contributions are deductible for United States income tax purposes. Donations to The Educational Trust may be made by scrolling down and clicking on the Contribution Form.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY BEGINS OCTOBER 1 FOR THE NEXT SCHOOL YEAR.
To be eligible for a scholarship to assist with tuition and books from the Desk and Derrick Educational Trust, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Complete at least two years or are currently enrolled in the second year of undergraduate study at an accredited college or university
- Maintain a grade point average of 3.2 or above on a 4.0 grading system
- Must maintain a full course load each semester
- Demonstrate need for financial assistance in pursuing a college degree
- Be a citizen of the United States or Canada
- Plan a career in the petroleum, energy or allied industry, or research and development of alternative fuels such as coal, electric, solar, wind hydroelectric, nuclear, and ethanol
2021-2022 Scholarship Awards
- Frances C. Hidell Scholarship – Michael Bohnet – University of Texas at Austin (Petroleum Engineering)
- Helen C. Pryor Scholarship – Alejandro Mendoza – University of Tulsa (Petroleum Engineering)
- Paula R. Mace Scholarship – Amya Rodriguez – Montana Tech University (Petroleum Engineering)
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation Scholarship – Alec Bollinger – Marietta College (Petroleum Engineering)
- Bettie Conley Helis Scholarship – Ashley Allgood – University of Tulsa (Energy Management)
- Jean Heinselman/Desk and Derrick Club of Spring Branch Scholarship – Joban Zepeda – University of Tulsa (Mechanical Engineering)
- Educational Trust Board of Trustees Scholarship – Nicholas Bryan – Colorado School of Mines (Petroleum Engineering)
- Edith Snizek Scholarship – Anna Sophia Hindrichs – George Mason University (Geology)
- Educational Trust Board of Trustees Scholarship – Daniel Dougherty – Marietta College (Petroleum Engineering)
- Educational Trust Board of Trustees Scholarship – Stephen Clark – The University of Texas at Austin (Energy Finance)
EDUCATIONAL TRUST HISTORY
The Association of Desk and Derrick Clubs created the Desk and Derrick Educational Trust in 1982 for the purpose of awarding scholarships to students who have completed two years of undergraduate study while maintaining a 3.2 cumulative grade point average and demonstrating definite financial need.
Applicants must be pursuing a degree in a major field of study related to the petroleum, energy or allied industries with the objective of qualifying for full time employment in the sector. Such majors as geology, geophysics, petroleum engineering, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, nuclear engineering and energy management qualify for purposes of this scholarship. Scholarships are offered through accredited colleges and universities offering degrees in subjects within the scope of the organization’s purpose. Awards will be made annually to full time students as well as Desk and Derrick members who are part time students. Upon achievement of their goals, recipients of these scholarships are encouraged to remember the Educational Trust with future donations to aid others. The management and administration of the Trust lies within the Board of Trustees composed of five members in good standing of the Association of Desk and Derrick Clubs. Each Trustee serves for a term of five years set on a rotating schedule. The original Board of Trustees included Eda DeSantis, Frances C. Hidell, Paula Mace, Julia McCormick and Gladys Watford, and the first scholarships were awarded in 1984.
Desk and Derrick Club of Wichita Falls, Texas
Desk and Derrick Club of Amarillo
Desk and Derrick Club of Midland, Texas
Tuscarawas Valley Desk and Derrick Club, Louisville, Ohio
Thanks to: Desk and Derrick Club of Abilene, Desk and Derrick Club of Artesia, Desk and Derrick Club of New Orleans, Desk and Derrick Club of Tulsa, Bonnie Fish, Bay Area Desk and Derrick Club, Mr. & Mrs. Phillip Semon
Thanks to: Desk and Derrick Club of Abilene, Desk and Derrick Club of Edmonton, Desk and Derrick Club of Enid, Desk and Derrick Club of Lafayette, Desk and Derrick Club of New Orleans, Desk and Derrick Club of Oklahoma City, Desk and Derrick Club of Tulsa, Bonnie Fish, Linda Krech, North Harris/Montgomery County Desk and Derrick Club, Red River Desk and Derrick Club, Dorothy Semon, and Rena Shaffer YaYa’s