Building the future of the petroleum, energy, and allied industries one scholarship at at time.
WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE DESK AND DERRICK EDUCATIONAL TRUST
The Desk and Derrick Educational Trust (ET) was created in 1982 by the Association of Desk and Derrick Clubs (ADDC) for the purpose of awarding annual scholarships to students attending accredited colleges and universities offering degrees in geology, chemical and petroleum engineering.
Since its inception in 1982, ET’s mission remains unchanged to build the future of the petroleum, energy and allied industries through scholarships while meeting the support and trust of Desk and Derrick members and industry donors.
U.S. INTERNAL REVENUE TAX STATUS
The Desk and Derrick Educational Trust is a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the U. S. Internal revenue code. All contributions are deductible for United States income tax purposes. Donations to The Educational Trust may be made by scrolling down and clicking on the Contribution Form.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY BEGINS OCTOBER 1 FOR THE NEXT SCHOOL YEAR.
To be eligible for a scholarship to assist with tuition and books from the Desk and Derrick Educational Trust, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Complete at least two years or are currently enrolled in the second year of undergraduate study at an accredited college or university
- Maintain a grade point average of 3.2 or above on a 4.0 grading system
- Must maintain a full course load each semester
- Demonstrate need for financial assistance in pursuing a college degree
- Be a citizen of the United States or Canada
- Plan a career in the petroleum, energy or allied industry, or research and development of alternative fuels such as coal, electric, solar, wind hydroelectric, nuclear, and ethanol
Honor scholarships named on behalf of major contributions/memorials:
• Frances C. Hidell (Undesignated, Full-time)
• Jean Heinselman/Desk and Derrick Club of Spring Branch Memorial Scholarship (Undesignated, Full-time)
• Bettie C. Helis Scholarship – (Designated, Full-time)
• Lois G. Johnston Scholarship – (Designated, Full-time)
• Edith Snizek Scholarship – (Designated, Full-time)
• Gladys Watford Scholarship – (Designated, Full-time)
• Educational Trust Founders’ Scholarship – (Designated, Full-time)
• Helen C. Pryor Scholarship – (Undesignated, Full-time)
• Chesapeake Energy Corporation Scholarship – (Undesignated, Full-time)
• Paula Mace Scholarship – (Designated, Full-time)
• Callie Miller Scholarship – (Undesignated, Part-time)
2022-2023 Scholarship Awards
Frances C. Hidell Scholarship
Tyler Kleinsasser – South Dakota School of Mines & Tech (Engineering Management)
Helen C. Pryor Scholarship
Alex Kuhl – Marietta College (Petroleum Engineering)
Chesapeake Energy Corp. Scholarship
Spencer Flick – Marietta College (petroleum Engineering)
Jean Heinselman/Desk and Derrick Club of Spring Branch Scholarship
Daniel Dougherty – Marietta College (Petroleum Engineering)
Gladys Watford Scholarship
Alina Jugan – North Carolina State University (Nuclear Engineering)
Lois G. Johnston Scholarship
Christabel Martey – University of Tulsa (Chemical Engineering)
Educational Trust FoundersScholarship
Dakota Penner – University of Saskatchewan (Chemical Engineering)
EDUCATIONAL TRUST HISTORY
The Association of Desk and Derrick Clubs created the Desk and Derrick Educational Trust in 1982 for the purpose of awarding scholarships to students who have completed two years of undergraduate study while maintaining a 3.2 cumulative grade point average and demonstrating definite financial need.
Applicants must be pursuing a degree in a major field of study related to the petroleum, energy or allied industries with the objective of qualifying for full time employment in the sector. Such majors as geology, geophysics, petroleum engineering, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, nuclear engineering and energy management qualify for purposes of this scholarship. Scholarships are offered through accredited colleges and universities offering degrees in subjects within the scope of the organization’s purpose. Awards will be made annually to full time students as well as Desk and Derrick members who are part time students. Upon achievement of their goals, recipients of these scholarships are encouraged to remember the Educational Trust with future donations to aid others. The management and administration of the Trust lies within the Board of Trustees composed of five members in good standing of the Association of Desk and Derrick Clubs. Each Trustee serves for a term of five years set on a rotating schedule. The original Board of Trustees included Eda DeSantis, Frances C. Hidell, Paula Mace, Julia McCormick and Gladys Watford, and the first scholarships were awarded in 1984.
Desk and Derrick Club of Wichita Falls, Texas
Desk and Derrick Club of Amarillo
Desk and Derrick Club of Grande Prairie, Alberta
Desk and Derrick Club of Wichita Falls, Texas
Desk and Derrick Club of Liberal, Kansas
Desk and Derrick Club of Abilene
Desk and Derrick Club of Artesia
Desk and Derrick Club of New Orleans
Desk and Derrick Club of Tulsa
Desk and Derrick Club of Bay Area
Desk and Drrick Club of Lafayette
Desk and Derrick Club of Roswell
Mr. & Mrs. Phillip Semon