WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE DESK AND DERRICK EDUCATIONAL TRUST
The Desk and Derrick Educational Trust (ET) was created in 1982 by the Association of Desk and Derrick Clubs (ADDC) for the purpose of awarding annual scholarships to students attending accredited colleges and universities offering degrees in geology, chemical and petroleum engineering.
Since its inception in 1982, ET’s mission remains unchanged to build the future of the petroleum, energy and allied industries through scholarships while meeting the support and trust of Desk and Derrick members and industry donors.
U.S. INTERNAL REVENUE TAX STATUS
The Desk and Derrick Educational Trust is a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the U. S. Internal revenue code. All contributions are deductible for United States income tax purposes. Mail donations to: Desk And Derrick Educational Trust, 6047 Fox Chase Trail, Shreveport, Louisiana 71129.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY BEGINS OCTOBER 1, 2018 FOR THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR.
To be eligible for a scholarship to assist with tuition and books from the Desk and Derrick Educational Trust, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Complete at least two years or are currently enrolled in the second year of undergraduate study at an accredited college or university
- Maintain a grade point average of 3.2 or above on a 4.0 grading system
- Must maintain a full course load each semester
- Demonstrate need for financial assistance in pursuing a college degree
- Be a citizen of the United States or Canada
- Plan a career in the petroleum, energy or allied industry, or research and development of alternative fuels such as coal, electric, solar, wind hydroelectric, nuclear, and ethanol
2020-2021 Scholarship Awards
- Frances C. Hidell Scholarship – Drew Arielle Lazarow – Cornell University (Chemical Engineering)
- Paula R. Mace Scholarship – Nicole Michelle Bourdon – Colorado School of Mines (Petroleum Engineering)
- Helen C. Pryor Scholarship – Brenda Daniel Odrowski – The University of Tulsa (Petroleum Engineering, Math)
- Gladys Watford Scholarship – Teresa M. Reid, Saint Frances University (Petroleum and Natural Gas Energy)
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation Scholarship – Isaias Anastacio Tristan – The University of Texas at Austin (Petroleum Engineering)
- Jean Heinselman/Desk and Derrick Club of Spring Branch Memorial Scholarship – Jacob Andrew Welsh – The University of Tulsa (Mechanical Engineering)
- Educational Trust Board of Trustees Scholarship – Billy Jack McVey – Texas Tech University (Petroleum Engineering)
- Lois G. Johnston Scholarship – Karen Gloria – University of Texas of the Permian Basin (Petroleum Engineering)
- Educational Trust Board of Trustees Scholarship – Alejandro Mendoza – University of Tulsa (Petroleum Engineering)
- Educational Board of Trustees Scholarship – George Edward Sigman Roose – Colorado School of Mines (Petroleum Engineering)
EDUCATIONAL TRUST HISTORY
The Association of Desk and Derrick Clubs created the Desk and Derrick Educational Trust in 1982 for the purpose of awarding scholarships to students who have completed two years of undergraduate study while maintaining a 3.2 cumulative grade point average and demonstrating definite financial need.
Applicants must be pursuing a degree in a major field of study related to the petroleum, energy or allied industries with the objective of qualifying for full time employment in the sector. Such majors as geology, geophysics, petroleum engineering, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, nuclear engineering and energy management qualify for purposes of this scholarship. Scholarships are offered through accredited colleges and universities offering degrees in subjects within the scope of the organization’s purpose. Awards will be made annually to full time students as well as Desk and Derrick members who are part time students. Upon achievement of their goals, recipients of these scholarships are encouraged to remember the Educational Trust with future donations to aid others. The management and administration of the Trust lies within the Board of Trustees composed of five members in good standing of the Association of Desk and Derrick Clubs. Each Trustee serves for a term of five years set on a rotating schedule. The original Board of Trustees included Eda DeSantis, Frances C. Hidell, Paula Mace, Julia McCormick and Gladys Watford, and the first scholarships were awarded in 1984.
Desk and Derrick Club of Wichita Falls, Texas
Desk and Derrick Club of Amarillo
Desk and Derrick Club of Midland, Texas
Tuscarawas Valley Desk and Derrick Club, Louisville, Ohio